Thursday, March 23, 2017

Time for some crafty stuff


Hello! I've been keeping really busy with taxes and other stuff, so I think it's time for a crafty post.

I have, as usual, a ton of projects going on at the same time. I'm not going to list all of them- that would scare a few people, potentially myself included. So, here is my first update.

In cross stitch, I have 2 projects going that I can't discuss as they are gifts and surprises and I never know who might be reading here. I'm getting a new project kitted up and ready- "Let Freedom Ring", a Philadelphia sampler.



I bought this beautiful sampler a few years ago from my longtime "local crossstitch shop", The Strawberry Sampler, in Chadds Ford.

http://www.strawberrysampler.com

I'm going to make a few alterations, but I do think it is lovely. I'm looking forward to it someday hanging in the living room here in Florida as a reminder of our up north home.

Turns out the title "Let Freedom Ring" is very popular, as are Philadelphia samplers. This year I bought another sampler from TSS during the annual Super Bowl sale; same title, similar looking, and very lovely.



My stitching friend down here, Anna Williamson, is encouraging all the Florida stitchers to get pieces entered in the State Fair next year. I'm going to try to finally, FINALLY (like I started it sometime less than 20 years ago, but not by a lot) finish Shepherd's Bush's Road to Bethlehem. It's been put away forever, but it popped up in a crate that came down here last fall. So, maybe, just maybe, If everything goes well, I will have something for the fair next year. 



So, that's where my cross stitch life is currently. Quilting, crochet and loom knitting updates soon.

ETA: for whatever reason, I can't get this to post with pictures. 😡

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment