Saturday, March 18, 2017

Happy Day!!

We are headed down I-75 on a really beautiful day! It feels so great to be doing something so normal as to visit friends.

Originally we were supposed to go to lunch with one of my high school classmates and her husband, but she got sick and was leary about being around John. That's so thoughtful, and, sadly, still necessary. He is now allowed to do a lot more things but being around someone with a cold or the flu is most definitely not one of them. So our lunch date is postponed.


Dinner and the rest of the weekend is still on. Tonight is a belated St. Patrick's Day party with my lifetime friends from Toms River. Since I moved down here, every trip to Punta Gorda has been terrific fun. We joke and laugh and when I close my eyes it could be 50 years ago. It is such a wonderful blessing to have a whole group of friends that you've shared most of your life with. But the best is that John can do this. He can go visit and be with friends. We can do something this normal!


So, it is, other than feeling bad for Sandy being sick, a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment