Saturday, March 25, 2017

About my quilting....

I just found this! I wrote it more than a month ago but didn't realize until just now that it never posted. Oh, well, better late than never!

So, time for a quilting post.  I love Hawaiian quilts. I love all the traditions around Hawaiian quilts. I love the technique of making Hawaiian quilts. I love my Hawaiian quilting teachers in Honolulu. I love everything about Hawaiian quilts. 

  I currently have 4 Hawaiian quilts at various points in the appliqué process. There is a green and purple interwoven lei quilt, supposed to represent the island of Kauai, that has the appliqué almost finished. There is a light green background with brown honu (turtles) that is about 1/2 way done, and a dark green with an orangey-red anthurium that is barely started.  

I also have my treasure- my 45x45 inch wall hanging that was designed, just for me, by John Serrao. I am working on all these others to get my skills to the point that this one deserves. It is taking a long time, but I am enjoying the process. One of these days I'll do a post about Hawaiian quilts.
                   












 Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment