Saturday, January 20, 2018

I am very sad.

I am very sad. We, finally, saw The Last Jedi tonight. I will not spill any spoilers. But...

Clearly the plan for this trilogy was to have Han center the first movie, Luke the second, and Leia the third. And, clearly, that now cannot happen. And that makes me sad. 

I love Star Wars. I love the movies and the universe they created. I love the link with my son that these movies have given us. I love the message of hope that they always give. I love Star Wars. 

I especially always loved Leia. Her’s was an action hero story and a love story. She was a leader.

I would have loved to have seen a Leia centered movie. I would have loved that hers was the final story of this part of Star Wars. I would have loved that she, ultimately, saved the galaxy. 

I was more saddened by Carrie Fisher’s death last year than I ever would have expected. It really hit me in a way that celebrity deaths never do. Before I saw this movie I was sad knowing that she wouldn’t be there to make the last movie. Tonight it has hit me, hard, again. 

Farewell, Princess, we miss you.


No comments:

Post a Comment