Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Cross Stitch Excitement

Its been busy around here. DH has golfing buddies visiting and it's been a lot of running for/with them. John is enjoying their company but really starting to get tired. Me, too.

  I am also getting tired easily. I saw the cardiologist yesterday, mostly because of brother Paul's recent heart attack, but also spurred by ongoing fatigue. It could well be the Fibromyalgia, in fact that's the most likely cause, but I don't want to start the headache of playing with meds unless necessary.

As for the "happy cross Stitch"? Well, I bought the Hawaiian Mandala design, by Chatelaine aka Martina Rosenberg, many years ago. I've bought multiple Chatelaines designs, as they are gorgeous and Martina is a friend. She and I go back well more than 20 years; I remember when she released her first design, cute little penguins. But I've never gotten around to actually doing one. Now, I am going to do it!


  The kits to make a Chatelaine design are frightfully, yes, I use that word advisedly, frightfully expensive. And, the bigger the project, obviously the more expensive. The Hawaiian project is HUGE. It is chock full of all kinds of beads and all kinds of silk threads, and all kinds of other specialty stuff- this is sooooo not Aida and DMC. So, it is very expensive. Well, I did that "does anyone owe you money" thing at the PA treasury, and guess what? I did have money laying around in a state vault or whatever. So I filled out all the forms, and waited and waited...... And, I finally got my money and it was almost enough to get the whole Hawaiian Mandala kit- so I ordered it today!!!

Here is a picture of the design done on black. I've tried it on dozens of fabrics in that gizmo The Viewer, where you can see how a project looks on various colors and types of fabrics. I have determined that I will be doing mine on a sunshine yellow color- it makes every thing pop! So try to imagine that.

If you want to check out all the other incredible designs by Martina- she really is amazing and her designs are incredible!! - just go to https://chatelaine.de  

No comments:

Post a Comment